Brian McFarlane, founder & owner, of Great White Shark Tours, is proud to take you on Apex Predator, his custom designed shark cage diving boat, a vessel specifically built for shark cage diving and surface viewing purposes. Brian has been out at sea on Apex Predator for the past 20 years and is now in semi-retirement.
Brian designed and built his boat to the highest safety standards and it is considered as one of the most cluxuriousvessels in the shark cage diving industry.
- Apex Predator, Brian McFarlane’s latest modern hi-tech custom-built catamaran is the envy of every boating enthusiast.
- The vessel has a spacious cabin, changing room and flushing toilets.
- Comfortable back rest seating and water tight lockers for storage of your personal belongings.
- The boat is also fitted with an upper viewing deck ideal for photography.
- The vessel is licensed to take 40 passengers and crew and you will never feel crowded.
- Apex Predator is inspected by the Department of Marine & Coastal Management annually. Our boat and entire operation have been diligently scrutinized by the controlling bodies of the South African Government and have been awarded one of only 8 permits available in this part of South Africa allowing us to show you the great white sharks.
- A 12mm galvanized steel cage which take the divers is annually inspected and certified by a qualified engineer.
- Roll down blinds on both sides of the boat protect you from the wind and sea spray.
- Our friendly and experienced qualified dive master will help you at each step of the dive.
Some of the features of the boat include:
- Length: 13m
- Width: 5.1m this gives maximum stability whilst on anchor at sea.
- Engines: 4 x 200HP Suzuki 4 strokes for safety, reliability and power when required. They are eco-friendly
- Viewing platform: Spacious upper level viewing platform
- Seating: Comfortable padded seats with back rests
- Storage space: Individual lockers for customer bag storage
- Toilet Facilities: A toilet with the latest flush technology
- Change room: Spacious areas to change into and out of wetsuits
- Water: Fresh running water. Hot showers on return to the crew house
- Safety Equipment: Two 25 man Life rafts
- Spray covers: Vinyl roll down sides to keep wind spray off passengers
- Wet suits: 7mm easy to change into
- Electronic equipment: GPS/radios/depth echo sounder/Natsav, VMS
- Fuel tanks: Stainless steel tanks built to highest ISO Standards
- Smoking: No smoking allowed on boat (ISO standard)
- The boat was designed and certified to easily accommodate the 40 passengers and crew.