Questions and Answers
- How much does it cost?
Adults: R1600 per person
Children U/12: R800 per person.
- What does it cost for a return transfer trip from Cape Town by coach?
R350 per person or R200 from Hermanus return payable separately.
- Where does the trip start?
The trip starts at Kleinbaai harbour, 2km from Gansbaai, 44 km from Hermanus & 160 km from Cape Town. (GPS co-ordinates: 34°36’52″S – 19°21’18″E)
- How long is the trip?
Between 3 to 5 hours, depending on the shark activity.
- At what age can children participate in the trip?
From 8 years onwards under control of a parent or guardian, remembering that the trip can be 5 hours at sea. Please note that no children under the age of 8 will be allowed on the boat.
- What is the distance from Cape Town to Kleinbaai and how long is the drive to Kleinbaai?
The distance is 160 km and approximately 2 1/2 hours.
- Is breakfast and lunch included?
A full continental breakfast is available before the trip. We do not serve bacon and eggs(to0 greasy). A variety of breadrolls, cooldrinks, fruit, chips and snacks are available on the boat. It’s all self-help. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate and rusks is available after the trip.
- Is diving gear provided?
All diving gear is provided including fresh clean towels.
- Do we dive with air?
No, it is just breathholding.
- Do we require a license or diving experience?
No previous diving experience is necessary.
- How big is the cage (how many people can it take on one time)?
The cage is rectangular, 4.2 meters long, 1 meter wide and can take 8 people at a time.
- How long do you spend in the cage?
Approximately 20 minutes to a half an hour.
- How far in advance should one book?
Book at least one week ahead if possible to avoid disappointment. Click here to make a booking.
- Do you have a videographer on every trip?
- Are exclusive charters available?
Yes we specialize in providing such a service for both large and small groups.
- How can I pay?
Cash (ZAR) or by Credit Card (Master or Visa). We only take payment on the day of the trip, we do not do any pre-payments.
- Public liability?
We hold a $500 million policy covering us for negligence whilst you are on the boat or in the cage.
- Do you feed the sharks?
No feeding, only chumming with a secret mixture that does not include any shark by product.
Post a Question
Do you have a question for us? Post your question below and we will try and answer it for you.
(Fields marked * are required)