Questions and Answers
- How much does it cost?
Adults: R1600 per person
Children U/12: R800 per person.
- What does it cost for a return transfer trip from Cape Town by coach?
R350 per person or R200 from Hermanus return payable separately.
- Where does the trip start?
The trip starts at Kleinbaai harbour, 2km from Gansbaai, 44 km from Hermanus & 160 km from Cape Town. (GPS co-ordinates: 34°36’52″S – 19°21’18″E)
- How long is the trip?
Between 4 to 6 hours, depending on the shark activity.
- Why do you normally launch at 10am?
So that you do not have to leave Cape Town at 4am but rather 6am and it is best to view sharks at midday with the sun directly overhead.
- At what age can children participate in the trip?
From 8 years onwards under control of a parent or guardian, remembering that the trip can be 5 hours at sea. Please note that no children under the age of 8 will be allowed on the boat.
- What is the distance from Cape Town to Kleinbaai and how long is the drive to Kleinbaai?
The distance is 160 km and approximately 2 1/2 hours.
- Is breakfast and lunch included?
A full continental breakfast (We do not serve bacon and eggs) is available before the trip. A variety of breadrolls, cooldrinks, fruit, chips and snacks are available on the boat. It’s all self-help.
- Is diving gear provided?
All diving gear is provided including fresh clean towels.
- Do we dive with air?
No, it is just breathholding.
- Do we require a license or diving experience?
No previous diving experience is necessary.
- How big is the cage (how many people can it take on one time)?
The cage is rectangular, 4.2 meters long, 1 meter wide and can take 8 people at a time.
- How long do you spend in the cage?
Approximately 20 minutes to a half an hour.
- How far in advance should one book?
Book at least one week ahead if possible to avoid disappointment. Click here to make a booking.
- Can underwater cameras be purchased?
Yes, at a cost of R200.00 cash only.
- Do you have a videographer on every trip?
- Are exclusive charters available?
Yes we specialize in providing such a service for both large and small groups.
- How can I pay?
Cash (ZAR) or by Credit Card (Master or Visa).
- Public liability?
We hold a $500 million policy covering us for negligence whilst you are on the boat or in the cage.
- Do you feed the sharks?
No feeding, only chumming with a secret mixture that does not include any shark by product.
Post a Question
Do you have a question for us? Post your question below and we will try and answer it for you.
(Fields marked * are required)